- Remove all food and drinks.
- Clean surfaces that may have a “food” odor that can attract insects and rodents.
- Close all blinds to avoid sun exposure to drapes, carpets and furniture.
- Prop refrigerator door open after it has been thoroughly cleaned.
- Remove dry cell batteries from detectors and flashlights.
- If you have vent covers, leave roof vents open just a crack for air flow.
- Winterize the fresh water system. SEE WINTERIZING TIPS HERE
- Wash exterior.
- Wash awning – allow to fully dry before storing.
- Clear slide-out roofs and wash slide-out awnings, allow to fully dry.
- Close slide-outs.
- Retract adjustable stabilizer jacks.
- Close LP tank valves.
- Hybrid & Fold down tents should be cleaned and fully dry.
- Unplug electric cable and store.
- Disconnect leads to battery(ies). (If leaving batteries on RV be sure they are fully charged. If removing batteries-wipe dry and store fully charged.)
- Check all roof and exterior sealants.
- Check under RV for openings that insects and rodents could enter.
- Check tire inflation. Cover tires to protect from sun exposure.
- Dump black and grey holding tanks.
- If you cover your RV, use only a breathable cover.
Motorhome owners should check all engine fluids, top off fuel tanks and add fuel stabilizer as per instructions.
If you have a generator, follow manufacturer’s instructions.